Tuesday 13 November 2007

REVIEW: V-Moda VIBE Duo


Last week I went to the Digital Life Holiday Shopper show and I was lucky enough to pick up a pair of V-Moda VIBE Duo earbuds for my new iPhone. Needless to say I was disappointed in the stock Apple earbuds, but I did like the inline microphone/remote control. My day to day headphones are a set of Grado SR80. So the stock Apple buds were not going to cut it in terms of audio or ergonomics. The Vibe Duo's fit very well in the ear and come with 5 other size ear cushions (white and black. small, medium and large). They do a very good job at sealing out most of the outside world. I used them for my 45 minute train ride and didn't feel any discomfort at the end of the ride. For comparison the Apple earbuds were hurting after 20 minutes of wear. Since the Vibe Duo are made for the iPhone they fit perfectly into the iPhone's recessed headphone jack. The controls on the Vibe Duo also worked perfectly. But, how did they sound? The first thing i though when i put them on was that I had the iPhones EQ on base boost, but I didn't. So I tried a few more songs and I do notice these things put out a LOT of base. I find my Grado's give me a much more accurate sound. But in all fairness my Grado's are not exactly train friendly with their size and lack of sound isolation. If most of your music library is base heavy then you should like the sound of the Vibe Duo.

Overall the headphones are comfortable and function great as a hands free for easy calling via your iPhone. I found the audio quality not what i was used to, but that doesn't mean you won't like them. Like most headphone the best thing to do is to try before you buy and see if you like them. I give them 3.5 of out 5.

3 comments:

Power Resistors said...

Those headphones are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

xanax depression order xanax from india - xanax side effects in women

Anonymous said...

It's hard to come by well-informed people for this topic, but you seem like you know what you're
talking about! Thanks

Feel free to visit my website ... website